Monday, June 1, 2009

PCA Clash at the Glen

Apex Performance attended the PCA Clash at the Glen this past weekend. After racing in and attending mostly NASA events ( All 944 Cup) for the past 5 years, it was nice to get back to a really well run PCA event. Like what seems to be the majority of racers, PCA Club Racing is where we started. My hat is definitely off to the Zone 1 organizors and endless volunteers. Thanks for your efforts.

My observations as a spectator: The amount of track time seemed ample I heard no complaints from any racers. The car groupings seemed logical and the split starts worked
as designed.

44 Cup had its own run group made up of SP1,2 and 3 cars. It was really nice to see old friends and make some new ones. I had emailed Frank Celenza numerous times but we had never met until this weekend.

DD showed up with 3 Trophy Girls on Saturday morning. ( PT Barnum at his zenith). Anyway they attracted a ton of attention and were a great addition to the ambiance.

Here are most of the pics I took when I could remember to take offf the lens cap.

http://www.apexperformance.net/cartgenie/prodList.asp?scat=367

No comments:

Post a Comment